, ,

Verifying your Australia visa validity? Here is how...

Sunday, August 23, 2015

My oversea holiday plan has been like on a dry spell until lately, H told me that we need to make a short trip to the land of Oz. So I had to apply for an Australian subclass 601-T tourist visa. This application can be done online and it's easy. On the other hand, I also understand that applying for it will cost me AUD20 per person and seeing how expensive MYR to any global currencies, I decided to google for cheaper alternative.


Finally I ended up using the service from EasyETA, it cost about USD9.95 (at the time of application) and save about AUD8~ per applicant using this service. My application was submitted on a Thursday night at about 11:34PM by the next morning, Friday 7AM my approved visa is already sitting in my mailbox. It's really quite a breeze and all done in less than 12hours!

I was excited but not for long. Seeing that I only received an email with my approved visa in the form of text, not even a PDF file or Australia immigration logo, I became uneasy. In my email, it's even noted as below but that doesn't give me a peace in mind and it just feels too sloppy:
An ETA confirmation email is equivalent to a visa, as there is no stamp or label in your passport and no further need to visit an Australian diplomatic office. Your ETA visa is electronically linked to your passport number. 

It's like asking me to have faith in a stranger and you know how our parents always taught us never to trust a stranger. The day of my departure and I get kicked out of my plane, I will be super piss and I can't blame anyone but myself for falling into some sort of stupid scam. Then I started to think, how do I know whether my visa is valid? Rather than waiting to be kicked off the plane, is there any way for me to verify and correct the situation if I really fell for one? There are many scams out there, how can this service be cheaper than the one offered by the Australia Immigration? 

So I started to look for ways to verify the validity of my visa and what better way to check other than the Australia immigration website, right?
I click on Check an ETA and came to an input screen with the below:
I don't have a reference number and have no idea where to find one. I entered all possible numbers that I can find from the email I received from EasyETA but to no avail. I became worried, have I been scammed? I've been such a internet savvy person, there is no way I can't sniff a scam. I even google using the keywords like "EasyETA + scam". Thank goodness, I manage to read reviews saying that it's legit but that doesn't mean I can let it go. Surely there is a way to prove that my visa is valid from the Australia immigration, right?

Then I read some where that the only way to know if your ETA is legit is by attempting to apply for one and I did just that. When through all the hassle, keying in the necessary information all over again and right before payment is being made, the system did a verification and notified me with a screen like below:


To cut the story short, there is no direct way to find out your visa validity except you go through with the Australia's immigration system like applying for a new one.

The following are the links I used:

I found another cheaper options for visa application (only MYR20!!!) but I have not used it before and can't comment about it's validity. If you have, let me know your thoughts. I may try it the next time I need to apply for visa.

Cheers!

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Thanks for the info. So you did your visa from easyETA with less money and received confirmation email without a reference number, and you had no problem at the airport, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I had no problem and it's legit.

      Delete
  2. Hey guys, If you have any query related to Visa you can visit Visa Australia eTA. Hope this will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u for the information …but if you want know easy ways to apply for Online Australia visa .just visit australiae-visa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We offer Degree Attestation services in India if you need call us at +91-8130050988

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words and feedback with your experience using our site! (https://easyeta.com). We want to let you and any readers know that you can also verify your visa using a Grant Number, which we can provide you if requested. More info can be found here: https://easyeta.com/visa/help Thank you, and hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thank you for sharing such great information. It has help me in finding out more detail about Australia visa

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail aboutAustralia visa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for your valuable information. can you help me in finding out more detail on Australia Visa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really good post. Thanks for sharing this wonderful informative article. I prefer the XIPHIAS Immigration is one of the best for Australia Visa and immigration services in India and XIPHIAS registered by MARA click below links for more information.

    Australia Visa and Immigration
    Australia Skilled Visa
    Australia Investment and Business Visa
    Australia Student Visa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice article. Highly recommended. The thoughts are clear and well explained. Thank you for sharing your work, truly worth reading. On the other hand, if you’re interested in, us visa application, feel free to visit our website. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking for an ideal migration agent in Brisbane that can help you to get the visa to Australia? Bullseye Consultants would be a perfect choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Want to get the visa to Australia? Get in touch with the finest Migration Agent in Brisbane called Education Embassy which is famous for its amazing record of client satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice article with lots of information. Thank you. If anyone is looking for Canada immigration and visa service. I suggest XIPHIAS Immigration, the best Canada immigration consultant. XIPHIAS is ICCRC registered consultant with a 100% success rate.
    Click and Checkout the best and fastest Canada immigration programs available for your profile.
    Canada express entry
    Canada PNP
    Canada Family Visa
    Canada Immigration
    Canada Business/Canada startup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Education Embassy is having the best Migration Agent Brisbane who are specialized on counseling, guidance, visa and admission process for different courses. You can contact us and visit our website for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice and Valauble Information. To Get more information about Holidays Packages, Please visit us on Australia visa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Valuable post!!
    If you want to do own business or manage existing business, then apply for Australia immigration business visa with XIPHIAS Immigration, which offers the best visa assistance in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Government of India has launched electronic travel authorisation or eTA for India which allows citizens of 180 countries to travel to India without requiring a physical stamping on the passport. This new type of authorisation is called an eVisa India (or electronic India Visa). It is this electronic India Visa Online that allows foreign visitors to visit India for five major purposes, tourism / recreation / short term courses, business, medical visit or conferences. There are further number of sub-categories under each visa type.
    Visi for more info: indian visa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Government of India has launched electronic travel authorisation or eTA for India which allows citizens of 180 countries to travel to India without requiring a physical stamping on the passport. This new type of authorisation is called an eVisa India (or electronic India Visa). It is this electronic India Visa Online that allows foreign visitors to visit India for five major purposes, tourism / recreation / short term courses, business, medical visit or conferences. There are further number of sub categories under each visa type.
    Visit for more info: indian visa how to get urgent emergency visa for india

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prize Bond Theme Provides by Government of Pakistan
    It's the best opportunity to attempt your luck with the astounding venture of it. Many reasons and speculations would put your mind over the possibility that you should place yourself into the process of the nbp opportunity attributable to our diverse system of mechanism and preparing data. As we talk about the investment, at that point for such a large number of the general population prize bond are removed to be a standout amongst the essential vehicles without a doubt.
    Visit for more info: prize bond list

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Indian Rail Network is among the largest networks in the world which connects distant cities and its people. india visa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent post….It’s really a great and useful post. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Thanks for sharing wonderful information with us.Russia is the largest country in the world by size. Major landforms include the Altai Mountains, Caucasus Mountains, Ural Mountains, Kamchatka Peninsula etc. Russion government has decided to start and facilitate the Russian visa requirements application process for foreigners wishing to visit Russian visa requirements documents such as Russia visa Documents evisa Conversion etc. will be sent by registered email and get the evisa. Azerbaijan visa is a reliable and you get e visa to Azerbaijan on arrival portal which provide foreign tourists and business e visa to Azerbaijan with e visa service. We provide clients with the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to get a e visa to Azerbaijan.

    ReplyDelete

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts