,

A visit to Singapore Museum for the Greek Masterpieces

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The weekend before CNY, Ron and myself manage to catch the ongoing highly publicized Greek masterpieces that hail from the Louvre, Paris. The idea is so that the people here need not travel half the globe just to catch these exhibits; instead they put the exhibits on tour and brought them here to Singapore. According to the person in charge there, the statues are replica copies by the Romans, not the original statues. The originals are long gone.

This is my second time to the exhibition before this I was there once with another friend MM. At that time I didn’t bring my camera along for fear that camera taking is not allowed at the venue but this time I did.




Apologies for the lack of description for these photos here, you can also check out more details of these photos in from my flickr album or if you are interested to know more then make your way there while the exhibition is still there. I heard it will be around till March, so you still have some time for it.

Following after our visit at the Singapore Museum, we made our way to Singapore Art Museum aka SAM. There was an art exhibition depicting some ghostly looking woman in reds but I shall leave this for another post at another time.


Playing hide and seek with Ron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts