, , ,

Road trip: Penang

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just came back from a road trip to Penang on Monday. I was there with my buddies from my company, together with our partners. It was a trip that is most memorable and lots of fun. Most importantly, I didn’t realize I can love char kway teow so much, that I think of it day and night. All the food that I have now, after the trip just dulls away while my mind thinks of the sizzling hot char kway teow I had at Lorong Selamat.

The taste of the huge, fresh succulent prawns that burst in my mouth when I chew on it. Then the smell of the charcoal fried char kway teow that wafted through my nostril while I anxiously waited for one hour for it to be served to me. The many hours of wait for the one plate of big char kway teow is all worth it. My friends have always known me as someone that east very little but on my last day in Penang, I have walloped 2 plates of CKT bearing in mind that I already had a bowl of prawn noodle I less then an hour before that.

After all the damage done, it’s time to get back into shape and I know the road ahead of me is going to be difficult moving ahead. I hope there will be another food road trip like this again soon.

Char Kway Teow from Lorong Selamat

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts