, , ,

Road trip to Penang - Day 1

Thursday, July 02, 2009

The weather today is awfully hot but that doesn’t stop me from making my way to Penang. The land of my favourite CKT, after my last trip here, I’ve been missing it. Actually there is a stall in my hometown, Kluang with very good CKT too. But the one here, I have very good memories of it partly because I came here with a group of good friends and Ron. We had lots of fun while here but this time round I came with my parents (and Ron too!). After my previous trip here, I was determined to bring my dad here as he is also a fan of good CKT like me, like father, like daughter. Penang is now a place where I have lots of good memories now.

We arrived here at about midday today but we didn’t venture around much other than having dinner at Restaurant 77 that’s along Gurney Drive for the famous curry fish head. Then took some picture with my parents along the coastline while waiting for food to be serve.

I’m feeling very happy and contented today because finally I manage to accomplish my personal goal that is to bring my parents out for a trip but this also means they have to be separated from my cute niece (this trip is their first time they are away from her for more than 24 hours since she were born). Although this is just a local trip but it is still a personal milestone for me but I know all this won’t have happened without Ron, so I really want to thank him for this and for being such an understanding boyfriend. I know how some boyfriends can be very dreadful when they have to go out with their girlfriend’s parents.

It’s getting late and I should get some sleep for my food adventure tomorrow (and pray hard that I my cholesterol and sugar level won’t climb higher than before).


My parents =)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts