, , ,

my favourite cuisine - dim sum

Monday, October 20, 2008

During my birthday, one of the things I had is dim sum. People close to me will know that I love dim sum a lot. I don’t go great length for it because dim sum in Singapore can be pricey but Ron will go the great deal to find me the best dim sum for me to enjoy. His recent trip in Singapore, he has brought me to this authentic Cantonese restaurant called Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental. I felt that though it’s a Cantonese restaurant, but the setting within the place feels Shanghainese, not sure if the Chinese Jazz songs they played that morning had a role in making me feel that way.

My brother, who happened to be in town as well, joined us for the breakfast too. I think 3 people going for the dim sum buffet feels just nice because most of the dishes that arrive are in the portion of 3.

Although it’s a buffet but there is no huge crowd at the restaurant or overcrowded tables. The dishes are made upon order, so you can avoid food-fighting scene with unruly people, if any. Because of this we were able to get ourselves soaked into the seductive voices from the Shanghai Jazz album, which after that I too went and bought the album.

If you’re ever going to try out the buffet there, some of the must try dishes are the wasabi prawn and the avocado dessert. The wasabi prawn is because all freaking reviews I read said must try but personally I prefer the avocado dessert, maybe because I was easily amused by the presentation of the dish. When it arrives, it arrives in style with lots of smoke coming out due to the dry ice underneath the bowl. The avocado is nice too, my only complain about it is the portion maybe too a little small for my liking, I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MORE YOU KNOW!!! But again, I was also rather stuffed by dessert time, so I didn’t order my 2nd helping.

The rest of the dim sum was good too. Ingredients were fresh and also of good quality stuff. I shall let the pictures tell the story. Ron and myself won’t mind going back again for the food, in fact we are planning to go there again on his next trip down because we really love the dim sum there. Now, I’m waiting and hoping that it will be soon ~ can’t want.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts