,

Gift from Kyushu (Part 1)

Friday, May 15, 2009

LOL, I think I’m easily amused!

A friend from Japan brought me gift, 3 different types of ramen from different part of the Kyushu region and a box of Hakata Torimon. I’ve always been fascinated with things from Japan because I know something inside the packaging will fascinate me.

All the goodies from Kyushu!

Eager, I was. When I reached home after work, I immediately cooked one of the ramen for my dinner. Have I ever mention to anyone that I like to eat ramen too?

Something about my brain, I’m almost always attracted to anything red. So my first choice of ramen to cook is this. That wasn’t a tough decision to make. Since the packaging of the noodles looks equally the same to me and I don’t have a food expert telling me which is the better ones, I guess the colour of the packaging will decide for me. Initially I thought that the red packaging also means spicy flavour then I read the kanji carefully only, it’s actually black sesame ramen or at least that’s how I interpret the katakana and kanji on the packaging. The packaging indicates that this ramen flavour originates from Kumamoto prefecture.

The content of the instant ramen that was about to turn into my dinner soon. It has 2 portion in it so you can save the other half for another time, if you're a small eater like me =)

This feels like cooking pasta but it didn't take as long as pasta to get soft.

My dinner =)

The noodle texture, definitely better than those maggi mee that's piling in my food cabinet.

This instant noodle tasted very good to me even though there is no yakibuta or spring onion like those on the packaging.

Oh then not to forget the little cakes in the yellow box. That's another fascinating box of dessert for another post. Thanks KK! ;-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts