, ,

Tampopo @ Liang Court

Monday, June 01, 2009

Not too long ago, a friend mentioned to me a good Japanese restaurant in Liang Court. So Ron and I decided to try out this place called Tampopo. Before leaving the house, I did a Google search on the place to check the reviews from others and also to know what to order when we are there. Since this is my first time there, I don’t want to spoil the experience by ordering something bad. I agree that all restaurants have their fair share of good and bad dishes so to prevent myself from making mistake; it’s good to check out mistakes commit by other people first.

It even got the top position in The Sunday Times' top 10 ramen but this is in 2006. Not sure if the results remains the same after 3 years because I quite like Men Tei's ramen but I don't see it listed here, yes I maybe a tad bias. (To HL & SY: I think we should have our weekly eat out based on this top 10 list here!)

Some reviews by others that I checked out:
The Local King
HungryGoWhere
The Traveling Hungryboy
Epicurative

This is the Black Pig Shabu Shabu Ramen I ordered.


The broth of this ramen is thick and flavourful. I’m not a meat person and usually refrain from ordering meat because I dislike the taste / smell of pork. When I ordered this dish, I made a gamble hoping that the pork they served won’t have the taste/smell. Turn out the soup does have a bit of the pork aftertaste but subtle. So that’s good enough for me. As for the noodle, it’s not soft / soggy neither is it bouncy. They claim that the noodle is made from flour that arrived from Hokkaido. I’m not sure if they’re referring to all noodle or just certain noodle, anyway I can’t tell the difference either.


Ron's ramen, Shoyu ramen.

Scoop short cake


For the cakes, they used very fresh cream to do it, so the taste is light and fluffy. I like the cakes here but I think it's not hard to find these cakes at a cheaper price elsewhere in Singapore. But greedy me, I couldn't resist not having a second piece.


Here goes my second piece, Matcha Chiffon cake.


Also made from fresh cream and the chiffon has some bits of Azuki in it, giving it some texture when eating it. But since this is also made from Chiffon cake, I still think the price for this cake is a little overprice.

Overall the food there is good, albeit pricey. We will still go back there again but perhaps to give other dishes a try such as sushi and other assortments of ramen.

Tampopo
Address: #B1-50 Liang Court Shopping Center (basement, off Meida-Ya)
Phone: 6338-3186
Opens: 11.30am to 10pm daily, last order 9.30pm

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. sidelining as food critic? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just putting my thoughts on the food that I have tried. Although I wish to but I don't have the time to blog about everything so just some of the more significant ones that I have tried.

    ReplyDelete

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts