, ,

Japan Rail Pass

Thursday, March 13, 2008


Finally I managed to make my way down to Orchard and bought myself 3 Japan Rail Pass tickets. I bought the ordinary 7-day passes at the price of SGD388 each. I am lucky that I managed to buy this pass at a cheap price as another agent quoted me at SGD411. So, my advise to you guys out there who is going to buy this pass is to make a few rounds of call before buying it. The price of the Japan Rail Pass is fixed in yen but because when we buy we are buying it at local currency, the price of the pass will hinge on the currency fluctuations. So the daily rate of the pass will move together with the currency market.

This pass allows me to take unlimited rides within Japan for 7 days. Since we are covering quite a few cities while in Japan, flying within the country is not a viable option to us as it can be quite pricey. So this serves as more economical alternatives to us. On top of that our traveling expenses will be capped at a certain value.

To find out more about JR Pass, one can visit the website – Japan Rail Pass

So to answer my friend’s question on how much I have spent on my Japan trip so far, this is my cost:

Air Ticket – SGD 667
JR Pass – SGD 388
Hotel – SGD 667 (for 10 days)

Total = SGD 1722

This is the list of expenses that I have as of now. I suppose the rest will be when I’m there. Perhaps I will list my other expenses in Japan when I come back later.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ehhh... wat kinda hotel u staying? U sure it that cheap only?

    ReplyDelete

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts