, ,

PS. Cafe: An experience to remember

Friday, January 15, 2010



After our exploration last week at a ramen shop on Robertson Quay, this week, HL YM-ed me and popped a link showcasing some of Singapore’s best restaurant. My greedy self of course jump on the chance to try it out with my food kaki. So the first to come under our scrutiny is P.S. Café at Palais that is along Orchard Road. We have been to the one located along Harding Road but it was quite a while ago and at that time I don't think they have this outlet yet.

PS Cafe (Outdoor)
P.S. Cafe along Harding Road

My first impression when I first checked out the restaurant from the website was, “Oh I so like the setting there”. Then told my friend that we should make a trip there since it’s also along Orchard, makes our traveling easier too. But what I can’t imagine is that this restaurant that seems to have an outdoor setting based on the pictures I saw from the website, to be located within a shopping building. If you have been to this “atas” shopping center, you will know what I mean.

Within the restaurant, they make very good use of glasses and mirror to give depth and sense of spaciousness within room. The casual setting that gives the feel of a Sunday brunch café is actually a semi casual restaurant in the evening, pulling in mainly the expat crowds during dinner hour. I felt a little uncomfortable with the crowd surrounding initially, not sure why maybe because I didn’t know what to expect or I’m too used to a McD setting.


Harry with his lamb as main course


My main course


That's me with my main course

Anyway that’s not the point that I want to make here. Other than the fabulous restaurant setting, the foods were pretty impressive too. For starter, we ordered the soup of the day which is some chicken & bacon soup. Then for our main, I ordered some yellowtail tuna fish as my main course, while HL ordered NZ roasted lamb. These were recommended by the friendly waiter who was very attentive to us throughout the dinner. He keep coming back to check on us to one point I thought he is way too friendly that I can’t focus on my main course. LOL.

For dessert, even though we’re full (I didn’t manage to finish my main, what a waste!) we didn’t hesitate to give it a try. We immediately opted for some granny smith apple pudding and it was awesome… with ice cream melting on top of the hot pudding… yummy…


Ooh la la... that's the dessert

Conclusion: I think I will come back to this place again but hopefully it will be to try out their brunch menu. The have a different menu for different time. Overall, the experience was comfortable because we did mentioned to the waiter that it's our first time there and they treated us with very good service. Their service is definitely いちなん!

P/S: If you're going on weekends or Friday, It will be advisable to make a reservation first.

More links:
P.S. Cafe
Singapore Best Restaurants

Address: PS.CAFE at PALAIS, LEVEL 2. PALAIS S.C, 390 ORCHARD ROAD.
Phone: (+65) 9834 8232

Credit: Singapore Best Restaurants

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts