I needed to clean up the pores, so I tried Kiehl's mask

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I had the opportunity to try out Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque for a few weeks. This is the first time I am using this brand because I am attracted to the clinical feel in the store. It gives me the feeling that there is nothing fancy just products that is good to my skin.

In the mask, I found out that they have included Amazonian White Clay (Kaolin) from Marajo Island from South America (think fair trade). Generally white clay is suitable to oily skin because the clay helps in absorbing the oil from skin but I have dry/combination/sensitive skin. Does that mean I shouldn’t use it? Not quite so.

I don’t use this product weekly, at most once a week and from what I read, the Amazonian White Clay helps in removing dirt, toxins, excess oils and dead cells (the culprit for clogged skin and enlarged pores) and I needed something to clear up my pores.

When I first apply this product on my face, I have a very slight tingling sensation, at the same time I also can feel my skin feeling tight probably due to the clay drying on my skin. I didn’t leave the mask very long on my face; I think I left it on my face for about 5 – 7 minutes.

The results? My skin feels more matte and pores are visibly smaller. The feeling is like putting on foundation on my skin the next day.

Personally I will recommend one to use this product only when it is needed. As a rule of thumb for me, one doesn’t need to use any of the facial products religiously as stated on their instructions. On the other hand, don’t overdo it. For instance, if they say to use it twice a week, don’t go overboard by using it everyday. Get it?

P/s: Dedicated to my friend, Shevy Yeo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts