, ,

Makeup brush drying rack

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The chinese always have a saying ”这世界没有丑女人,只有懒女人 (There is no ugly girl only lazy girl)“. Whenever I get lazy in my beauty routine, I will always remind myself of this mantra and live by it.

One of the many beauty rituals that I do is deep cleaning my makeup brushes. I try to do this on a weekly basis because it's just as important as putting on mask. When we use our brushes, bits of makeup, oil, dirt and bacteria get trapped in between the bristles. After a while the brush tend not to distribute evenly due to the build up. By keeping it clean we can avoid transferring grimes to our face that will lead to clogged pores and pesky breakouts.

Of late, I found a very interesting tool to aid me in my routine. Tada.

My brand new makeup drying rack
When cleaning the brushes, we should avoid getting the barrel below the bristle to get wet because this will cause the bristle to loosen and fall out. The bristle should face downward when drying. If you allow the brush in standing, the water will run into the handle and cause rust. Some people may use netting but I feel the net can still trap water in the brush. In the end it takes a longer time to dry the brushes.

With this drying rack, I get to eliminate all my previous problems. This rack allows brushes to dry thoroughly. The rack contains many different sizes of holes and can hold up to 26 brushes at the same time. In each hole there is a soft rubber that help to hold your brush of any length and any sizes. The rack is easy to keep too, it can be be easily assemble and dismantle. When keeping it, it's just 3 flat pieces of acrylic. So you can even bring it with you for travel when going away for a long period.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts