Gift from London

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Last year, I came across a projection clock at my company’s Christmas dinner. That time I thought it would be cool to have one and have always wished to own one. Then when I saw one selling in one of those trinkets stall at a shopping center, I felt reluctant to pay for it as I felt that the price I had to pay just to have my time projected on the ceiling was not worth it. For some time this thought took a back seat and never appear in my mind again.

Last week, I was at a colleague’s place and saw a radio in the bathroom and I thought to myself, maybe I should get a small radio in my room so that I can listen to it even when I’m in the bathroom. But I did not set myself to search for it immediately. It was more like if I see it then I buy it kind of attitude.


Today I met up with some friends and one of them had just come back from London. He brought gift for everyone and I was overjoyed when I saw that he bought me not just a projection clock but also one with a radio function. This clock features a black and white case with bright orange-on-black display. It’s killing 2 birds with one stone.

From tonight on, I will never miss my time again when I roll over to check for time. I’m a proud owner of a projection clock radio. It’s good that I can now set 2-alarm time, one to wake up and another to sleep (yes, I set alarm to remind myself to sleep at night). But ultimately the one thing that will keep me awake tonight will be beaming my time to the ceiling, pretending I really need to know the time.

The people in Gotham City beam to get help from the Batman, I beam to check my time.

Thanks AV.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts