,

11 hours and 5419 miles away, I'm now in Auckland

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello all, I will be traveling for leisure this whole month, so I won't have access to internet as much as I would like to. So I will be posting some back a series of back dated posts that I wrote when I was not connected. Otherwise, happy holiday everyone... =)

Auckland on arrival...

Arriving at the Auckland airport this morning, I got fascinated with the smoke that was coming out from my breath. An indication that there is nothing much fascinating here that’s why I got so focused with things surrounding me. Of all the big cities I have been, this city is different. There is no skyscraper, no crowded human traffic or bumper-to-bumper crawl on the road. People here are more laid back and relax with their lifestyle. I noticed many Japanese made car and the models are quite boring, nothing fancy. Unlike in Asian countries where car are more than just a vehicle. It’s also a symbol of status reflecting your position in the society.

Another thing I noted here, everything seems a little dull. One shade paler, I wonder if this is because of the cloudy weather. This somehow brings out the lush greeneries around here more outstanding. Over here, the surrounding is filled with plants and trees. Air is a lot more fresh, hardly any smell of carbon monoxide.

This is our first meal since we arrived. It's a very delicious Chinese tuck shop operated by a Hongkie. The portion served in this place is really huge for my petite appetite. I've forgotten the name of this tuck shop but we will definitely pay this place a visit again since this used to be a regular haunt for my partner back when he used to live in Auckland.

So it will be 2 nights here before I head off to Queenstown. My hotel is right in front of a beach. Haven’t found out the name of this hotel but the best part about this room is that I can lie on my bed while watching the sun setting down for the day. Reflections from gold ripple in my room lit up my room in romantic yellow.

I’m excited about my trip to Queenstown now. I wonder what’s going to be there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recommended reading

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts